Broadband

Iceman244 16:44 10 Mar 2007

I am currently on broadband with Orange, who used to be Wanadoo, and it seems so slow.

I remember the first day that I changed from dial up to broadband, and it seemed so quick, sharp and snappy.

Now it just seems slow, web pages take a while to load etc, should pages not load instantly on broadband.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Now onto spam, I get a stupid amount of spam emails on a daily basis.

Alright Norton lists them as spam and filters a lot of them into the spam folder, but they are seriously getting on my nerves now.

When I have complained to my ISP they just do not want to know.

So how do I stop these spam emails getting anywhere near outlook express full stop, without having to change my email address.

Again any ideas?

Cheers

Ice

Kate B 16:47 10 Mar 2007

The way to keep spam away from your main email account is to have a second account which you use to sign up for things, register for websites etc; and only give your main address to friends and family. And never bounce emails back to spammers: it just confirms that the address is live.

Some people swear by Mailwasher - I don't like it much but you could give it a whirl. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's get a new email address and keep it to a small number of people.

Iceman244 16:59 10 Mar 2007

Thanks Kate.

But what is Mailwasher?

So it is a new email account then , and maybe a Hotmail account for signing up for things then.

Ice

Jackcoms 17:15 10 Mar 2007

"But what is Mailwasher?" click here

p;3 17:24 10 Mar 2007

I am one who does swear by mailwasher and would not now be without it; you can preview your mails on server and chuck from there mails you do not want; it will not stop the spam but WILL prevent its download to your pc

as to a slow pc; what protection programs do you have on there? and it might BE the Norton on there that is slowing it as Norton is renound to be a resourse hogger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone