Britanica Install Code.

ruskle 15:27 07 Feb 2006

Could anyone please help me by letting me have the install code for the Britannica Disc from the Magazine.
I put the disc on my desk and someone got away with the case, probably thinking it contained the disc. I would now like to install it but don't have the code. I am guessing it is the same for each disc. It will save me a trip to my newsagagent to copy it from a magazine on the shelf.

Russell.

ventanas 15:37 07 Feb 2006

Ok, you've still got the disc, so just let it autorun and follow the link provided to get the code.

The code does not appear in the magazine or on the cd cover.

ruskle 16:54 07 Feb 2006

I have tried again and get the message, "Please enter the serial number on your jewel case or packaging in the box below."

I can't access the read me. the option goes from Intro to enter serial number.

Any answers before I bin the disc.

Russell.

ventanas 17:00 07 Feb 2006

The serial number would have been on the jewel case when the program was released by Britannica. This situation arises many times with programs on cover discs. The setup program is not rewritten so the instructions remain the same. But this is not the situation with the PCA release as the original jewel case is not supplied. I have already said what you have to do. Its up to you now, but it really is a very simple process.

ruskle 17:04 07 Feb 2006

Yes I have now managed to get to a site which gave me a serial number for the disc, (after ticking a box to say I was a subscriber) is that right? but get the message "Invalid serial number" thats after a copy and paste so I have not copied it wrong.

Russell,

ventanas 17:05 07 Feb 2006

This problem occurs quite a lot. I had the same. Try typing it in one number at a time instead of pasting. It worked for me.

ruskle 17:16 07 Feb 2006

OK ventanas,

I have started again from scratch took out the disc reinserted it and gone through the whole procedure. I once again copied the s/n and pasted it, lo and behold this time success. Thanks for the info. Case has now mysteriously reappeared now the job is done and as you say "No s/n on it"

Thanks

Russell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?