Breathemail Support Message - Virus Detected

Taff36 07:39 28 Jun 2005

Breathemail Support sent me a message this morning it read: "Once you have completed the form in the attached file , your account records will not be interrupted and will continue as normal." The attachment was a zip file ghdg.zip. Avast intercepted it and told me it contained Win32:Mytob-CQ which is a worm virus.

Not only don`t they control spam they send this or did they? Anyway Beware!

Diodorus Siculus 07:50 28 Jun 2005

Morning Peter.

A coincidence I expect - I doubt that they would allow a virus to come through their servers. Yesterday I got one calle legs.zip from an old address of mine which surprised me - must be someone I know who has not updated their records.

By the way, I still can't get that wireless encrypted but will probably give it a go later on this evening.

Taff36 07:11 02 Jul 2005

My e-mail to breathemails support returned an auto reply message that said:

Unfortunately, we cannot respond to email requests.

Should you wish to add to your recent support ticket please use the Support Centre in my account.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

Not very helpful eh!

seedie 08:46 02 Jul 2005

if you go to the breathe site and click on service status there is an announcement on this.

CD

Taff36 12:20 02 Jul 2005

I did spot that this morning but I have to point out that although they say that they only send e-mails from [email protected] they only started this in April. I have genuine e-mails from their support team sent from [email protected] prior to this which is exactly the spoofed e-mail address. (Which was why I thought it was genuine and mailwasher let it through - fortunately Avast picked it up straight away)

Breathe I`m afraid are not quite the ticket at the moment which is why I`m setting up a new e-mail with Pipex.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?