Brand new Hp Laptop-Fan on all the time-Help?

buel 17:28 01 Jan 2009

Hi, 2 weeks ago i bought a brand new Hp pavilion dv4-1000ea laptop but took it back within the 7 days as the dvd drive would rarely respond, they just about issued a replacement(they didn't argue i just didn't like their attitude)and now the new laptop seems to have the fan on permanently, surely this isn't right? Also, is there any way of checking whether it is a refurbished laptop? I just dont trust them...

buel 19:10 01 Jan 2009

Hi, 2 weeks ago i bought a brand new Hp pavilion dv4-1000ea laptop but took it back within the 7 days as the dvd drive would rarely respond, they just about issued a replacement(they didn't argue i just didn't like their attitude)and now the new laptop seems to have the fan on permanently, surely this isn't right? Also, is there any way of checking whether it is a refurbished laptop? I just dont trust them...

buel 21:42 01 Jan 2009

buel 14:14 02 Jan 2009

buel 22:26 02 Jan 2009

woodchip 22:54 02 Jan 2009

On my HP Laptop I can change the Fan in BIOS to have it on all the Time or not, Plus check Settings in Power in Control Panel

Technotiger 22:57 02 Jan 2009

I can't really help you with your query, though I would not think that the fan should be on all the time, make sure your laptop is on a hard surface with airflow underneath it ...... but, I am posting this response mainly to let you know that you do not need to keep repeating your question in the Forum - to bring your Thread back to the top of the list every so often, it is only necessary to post a single key press, like ^ or any single letter - most people type/post, the word Bump ....... this then 'bumps' your thread to the top of the page!

Technotiger 22:58 02 Jan 2009

Bump

woodchip 22:59 02 Jan 2009

On My HP its a box that you tick untick in BIOS

buel 23:05 02 Jan 2009

Thanks technotiger and woodchip...

buel 10:51 03 Jan 2009

How do i get to BIOS please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone