Brand new Evesham pc started crashing ???

philly73 14:15 10 Dec 2006

hi everyone..I purchased PC Advisor Solar GS 2 weeks ago from evesham,had a problem when 1st installed could play dvd's but no other file type due to microsoft digital rights management?Phoned tech support who fixed problem straight away.HOWEVER since then pc has crashed 4 times since 3 of those this morning eachtime restarting pc its says 'your pc has recovered from a serious error'when asked if i want to send error report i look at the report which means nothing to me as i'm no techy..done all the usual checks virus/spyware.I was wondering if there's anything else i can do before i get in the very long tech support queue to resolve problem

best regards
phil

rodriguez 14:30 10 Dec 2006

You might need to phone technical support - however, 0870 numbers at national rate can get expensive. Some alternatives to their 0870 160 9534 number are:

01386 769799 - Geographical
0800 0355575 - Freephone

Taken from click here - if you type in an 0870 number and search it can find cheaper alternatives.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:34 10 Dec 2006

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

webb204 21:04 12 Dec 2006

hi ,sorry i cant help you with your problem,i,ve just got the same pc as you ,have you managed to get a screensaver to work,i cant for the life of me get mine to work !i,m very pleased with it otherwise

philly73 21:22 12 Dec 2006

hi webb204 mine works fine i actually just up'ed the time on mine as it kicked in after 10mins...regarding my poblem it gets worse since phoning tech support it crashed 3times on sunday and another 3 since i started this thread oh and i no longer have freeview tv as it tells me its not installed.

philly73 21:34 12 Dec 2006

sorry you do know how to change screensaver settings dont you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017