both dvd rom and dvd drives not working

Kingfisher 21:32 20 Oct 2006

after a recent problems with my pc regarding computer very slow and norton 2007 problems, have managed to restore my computer to an earlier time but now both drives are not recognised, have looked in device manager and both have yellow excamation marks nextto them, on selecting properties message says "windows cannot load device driver for this device the hardware driver may be corrupt or missing code 39, on clicking troublshoot nothing happens, both drives are selected to enable" how do I get these to work again any help would be appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:50 20 Oct 2006

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
click here

If the script from the link doesn't work then try the manual method.

Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

Kingfisher 14:24 23 Oct 2006

Hi Fruit Bat /\0\ sorry for the late reply the registry edit sorted the problem, but had to do a repair for other issues which are now sorted thankyou for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?