Border's in Word

SWEENEY TOD 07:09 10 May 2008

For some reason when i apply a page border in Word it looks ok on the screen but when printed off the page looses the bottom section of border.
I haven't alted page set up from default and tried printing with border only before i add wording. Any idea's Folks

Taff™ 07:26 10 May 2008

This is to do with the printer. It cannot print right up to the edge of the paper. Check the limit for your printer.

SWEENEY TOD 09:38 10 May 2008

Thanks Taff but how do i check this limit for printer

SWEENEY TOD 09:40 10 May 2008

Thanks Taff but how do i set this limit for printer

Eric10 10:25 10 May 2008

Settings appertaining to your printer will be found in the Properties of the printer and are not the same for all printers. Some (but not all) allow you to set an "extended bottom margin" or "borderless printing" which prints to the edge of the page.

Other possible work-arounds in Word are to increase the bottom margin in the borders dialogue or change "Measure from:" to "Text" instead of "Edge of page". If all else fails you may have to set a custom size for the page which is shorter than the actual paper size you are printing on.

Whatever works for you you'll need a little trial and error to get what you want so if it is something you may need again then I'd recommend that you create a template with the settings used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?