bootable flash drive.

susiepops 20:40 06 Jan 2009

I have recently purchased an Acer One netbook with windows XP preloaded. Although Erecovery is present on the hard drive there is no backup should the hard drive itself fail.

Is it possible to copy Erecovery and create a bootable flash drive in cased of need?

Technotiger 20:48 06 Jan 2009

I very much doubt it. Your best bet to cover yourself in the event of a major (or even a minor) catastrophe, is to arm yourself with a external USB Hard drive and a copy of Acronis True Image, make a full backup of your drive C: and save it on the external hard drive. You will then have everlasting peace-of-mind, and fear no man!

susiepops 22:34 06 Jan 2009

Appreciate what you say but with Acronis is it not necessary to use their bootable disk which was created on first use to get things started? Without a cd/dvd drive with the Acer Aspire One the only solution I could think of was to create a bootable usb flash drive for either Acronis or Windows XP itself.

Would appreciate some more help if possible.

Zeppelyn 22:41 06 Jan 2009

You can create a bootable version of Acronis True Image onto a USB flash drive. Option is under Tools-Create Bootable rescue Media.

Technotiger 22:47 06 Jan 2009

Zeppelyn has answered your question - I did not realise you had no CD/DVD drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

These beautiful, mesmerising & subtle GIFs celebrate 30 years of the artform

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017