BOOT UP PROBLEMS

Yorkie156 10:24 11 Jul 2007

Can anybody assist me in solving the following, I downloaded Paragon 8.5 Partion magic last night to resize my partitions. I have 2 x 250gb Hard drives and my first one had a 20gb partition with my Operating system on (Windows Vista Ultimate). I was unable to resize the partition using windows hence using paragon. All went fine until my PC rebooted. The computer carried out a Disk Check which took an eternity and some of the messages been displayed were file 1001 etc.. been replaced with default security code when this process finished, the PC went into reboot again, I get the microsoft loading screen however from there on it all goes wrong. All I am getting now is a black screen with my mouse pointer in the middle. I have tried booting in safe mode but still the same. Can anybody please help me out before I loose all my hair.

rawprawn 10:27 11 Jul 2007

Have you got a recovery disc?

Yorkie156 10:55 11 Jul 2007

No I don't have a recovery disk can I do a repair by inserting my original Vista Disk. Is this sounding bad then

ZORMAN 06:44 13 Jul 2007

Our network is passing round a Trojan that is creating exe files all over the place. We are running Kaspersky and NOD32 anti virus software.

One person deleted the virus and lost all the data from his hard drive. Any suggestions as to what we should do now as no one wants to risk dealing with the problem.

We work in a remote location without any real computer experts and would very much like some advice.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?