boot problem

ah1802 01:06 07 Mar 2007

right just put a computer together, there is power and everything getting to the computer but there is no bios startup check or nothing just goes straight to windows xp was switched off incorrectly, do you want to start xp in safe mood, last know good config etc etc.....

This is the first time I have encountered this. Hopefully there is a simple solution to my problem. Any one else had this weird problem???

jay.p 01:24 07 Mar 2007

sounds like xp not recognising the mobo. have you reinstalled xp and loaded the mobo drivers.

ah1802 01:26 07 Mar 2007

see i cant get passed the windows xp was switched off incorrectly, do you want to start xp in safe mood, last know good config etc etc..... the computer just keeps restarting after i select an option, ive tried all of them. i cant reinstall xp as i cant geti in to the bios options on anything. there is no beeps :(

sorry am gettin very frustrated!!!

beeuuem 01:35 07 Mar 2007

Have you tried resetting the BIOS to the default - by the jumper setting or removing the CMOS battery.
From click here
You could try to clear the BIOS/CMOS on the board by disconnecting the power for the system and shorting the points the jumper pins called CLRTC (Clear Real Time Clock) for about 10 seconds. This may also be called Reset CMOS or Reset BIOS. Alternatively, you could remove the motherboard battery for the same amount of time.

jay.p 01:44 07 Mar 2007

hmm
double check connections from mobo to case are correct as a pair the wrong way around could do this.
do you just let it try to boot , then get xp was switched off incorrectly or do you tap f2/f8 or f12( cant remember which) to get you into safe mode

cowboy62 02:02 07 Mar 2007

safemode is usualy f8

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?