Boot up problem

TrevNI 13:35 24 Nov 2006

Advent 7003 Laptop with Windows XP Home

I have encountered a major problem with above which I am putting down to installing and running PCMAX. Now I cannot get the computer to work at all as below.

After installing & running PCMAX computer started going slow and when I tried to run CUTEFTP it reported advert.dll as missing which I assumed was because PCMAX had deleted this file when cleaning up the registry and unwanted files.

Then when I went to send an email in Outlook it asked for the Security Key from my MS Office XP Suite CD case which I inserted correctly and then I get the following message which no matter how often I have tried to boot the machine keeps recurring.

I have a Emergency Boot disc on floppy I made for the laptop and when I boot up from this I still get this same message.

Off course no XP CD came with the machine when new as this was pre-installed.

WINDOWS PRODUCT ACTIVATION
A problem is preventing windows from accuratedly checking the license for this computer. Error Code 0x80090019.

Please can you help.

Thank you.

Trevor Mitchell

Technotiger 13:42 24 Nov 2006

I don't know if this will help, but I think it is worth a good look.

click here

Good luck.

anskyber 13:42 24 Nov 2006

Try system restore to a date prior to PC MAX

VoG II 13:44 24 Nov 2006

Some ideas click here

TrevNI 13:53 24 Nov 2006

Can't do a system restore as computer won't allow me to boot up into windows it is in this loop giving this error message

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:21 24 Nov 2006

From VoG™s' link click here

scroll down to the POST Jun 28 2005, 03:16 PM
and work from there if you have a XP CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?