boot manager not able to load xp

howard64 09:54 29 Jul 2012
Answered

I have installed easy bcd boot manager. My pc has 2x320GB hard drives and 4GB ram. The C; drive had windows 7 home premium 64 bit on it. The second drive has xp pro on it to run my older stuff which does not run under w7 64bit [even under compatibility mode]. On booting I am offered either w7 [default] or xp pro. If I click on xp pro I get an error message unable to run - File \NST\ntldr is missing statusOxc000000e. If I remove the sata connection to the C: drive and reboot xp loads perfectly. Can anyone suggest a way to correct this? - thanks in advance.

T0SH 11:49 29 Jul 2012

By default XP ntldr is run from the root of the C: drive so it looks like your easy bcd install has changed the ntldr somewhat "File \NST\ntldr is missing" most brand name PC`s and some home builds have a boot choice option mostly from F10 or F12 where you can choose which drive to boot to without the need for a third party bootloader

There are also command line tools for windows 7 which allow editing of the boot configuration to create a dual boot system

Microsoft support sites have detailed how to articles

Cheers HC

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:45 29 Jul 2012

See step 7 onwards of this tutorial

howard64 19:08 30 Jul 2012
Answer

Sorted - when I installed easy bcd I had not clicked on write mbr - once I had done this it loaded perfectly. Thanks for the suggestiongs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?