Boot Up

Robbo99 18:17 26 Nov 2006

At start up it stops and says "non system disk press any key to continue", I press a key and it boots ok. Windows xp home 2 hard drives and 2 DVT Drives. There are now disks in the DVD players and no disk in floppy. Can anybody help
Robbo

crosstrainer 18:21 26 Nov 2006

Sounds to me that you have "Boot from cd" set as your first device in your BIOS setup. Enter your Bios (usually accessed by pressing Delete or F2 on bootup and scroll doen the list of options until you find boot sequence. set this to Floppy drive (first device) Hard drive (second) dvd or cd drive (third) look for option saying "boot from other devices) and disable it. Now remove all discs from all drives and try again.

crosstrainer 18:22 26 Nov 2006

Should be "enable" try other devices all else as in previous post.

Robbo99 18:36 26 Nov 2006

I got that sequence
robbo

crosstrainer 18:38 26 Nov 2006

Try disabaling all except the hard drive and try again.

Robbo99 18:44 26 Nov 2006

Still no joy

crosstrainer 18:47 26 Nov 2006

When the system finally boots, open My Computer, right click on the hard drive that has your os installed on it, click the tools tab and select "check drive for errors" tick the boxes which say scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors , and fix system file errors. Restart the computer. You should see a blue screen and a message saying "windows is checking the disk" This is a long process depending on size of your Hard drive, but may fix your problem

SANTOS7 18:49 26 Nov 2006

click here
as the error message is generated by an issue that you havn't got, non bootable disc's in any of your drives, it can however be generated by a boot sector virus or a system file problem.
scan your PC for any virus you may have and use scandisk following the method shown..

* Double-click My Computer
* Highlight a local hard disk drive by clicking on it once.
* Right click the highlighted local drive
* Click properties
* Click the tools tab and click check now to check the drive for errors.
* The computer will need to restart in order to run scandisk in a safe mode.

Robbo99 21:36 26 Nov 2006

Still nothing

woodchip 22:13 26 Nov 2006

Open Notepad, then open boot.ini.

It should be in the Root Folder of C:\ copy the text and paste hear

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:15 26 Nov 2006

start - run -type msconfig - boot.ini tab - click check boot paths.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?