Boot Up

EKY1 14:12 13 Nov 2006

Hi everyone Hope you can help, I have an E machine E4026 Intel Pentium 4 80 Gig hard drive 256 ddr memory intel graphics media accelerator 900 56k modem optical drive DVD+RW, When i boot up i get the big E logo it stays on for two minutes, when the machine was new it came on for about 5 seconds, Can anyone please tell me how to stop this from happening, I have Internet explorer7 Spyware Doctor & a2, MaCafee anti virus , Windows Firewall Windows defender

Gongoozler 16:09 13 Nov 2006

This is more likely to be a BIOS setting than a Windows one. I don't know what motherboard the E4026 has, but you may have an option to not show the logo. You can probably also enable quick Power On Self Test (POST).

EKY1 13:43 14 Nov 2006

Many thanks Gongoozler, I have had a look in the Bios but cant find enything about the E logo, on the top line it has main , advanced , power, boot, I have looked through them all, I dont know what you mean with POST, Could this problem be in the Registry? Any futher help woul be appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:36 14 Nov 2006

The computer POST (Power On Self Test) tests the computer, insuring that it meets the necessary system requirements before booting up. If the computer fails the POST, the computer then returns a beep code indicating what is causing the computer not to pass the POST. Generally, if the computer POSTs properly, you will receive a single beep.

This is well before the operating system and therefor the rgistry kicks in.

LOGO is a setting in BIOS but if its on for so long it seems the BIOS is having problems POSTing.
could be memory or hardware such as drive or video card.

Try unplugging the drives and see if it quickly beeps to and error message.

EKY1 15:38 16 Nov 2006

Thanks for the info Fruit Bat, When i boot up i dont get any beeps at all, When the screen with the Big E logo and the keys for bios and boot up go off Windows loads without any problems, could you tell me what to look for in the bios and what to do with it, Many thanks agin for your help.
Eky1

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:00 16 Nov 2006

Look for some that says BIOS logg screen or simular,
if you can't find anyhting:-
some motherboards have a dip switch to switch on/off the logo eg
SW1 (Switch 4) - BIOS Logo
On OEM BIOS
Off * Acer BIOS

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 16 Nov 2006

Look for something that says BIOS logg screen or simular,
"in the BIOS under the BOOT Tab...there was an option to enable/disable the Boot diagnostic screen..."

if you can't find anyhting:-
some motherboards have a dip switch to switch on/off the logo eg
SW1 (Switch 4) - BIOS Logo
On OEM BIOS
Off * Acer BIOS

Gongoozler 16:14 16 Nov 2006

I can't find any documentation on the emachines E4026, but you might find the help and support at Emachines website useful click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?