books on photo editing

newearwax 16:07 29 Jul 2004

Any suggestions for good plain English books on digital photo editing out there for standard starter to intermediate?

ventanas 16:37 29 Jul 2004

Any particular program?

hssutton 18:01 29 Jul 2004

There are numerous good books available, but these are usually dedicated to a particular piece of software. So as ventanas says, what program?

newearwax 20:06 29 Jul 2004

I have ArcSoft Photostudio 2000 and Ulead Photo Impact 6 at moment, not the most exiting but until I get some practice I don't want to splash out. It seems a pity though that there are not some more generic books that explain things to the novice - such as layers.

marjted 20:43 29 Jul 2004

There are some good monthly mags dedicated to Digital Photo users, some of which have regular video clip tutorials on their cover CD. As has been said above, they generally concentrate on a few progrs only. The one I take works with Adobe Elements, Photoshop and also Photoplus but many of the techniques illustrated are applicable in other progs too. If you do look to buy some new software, Adobe Elements is a reasonably priced place to start.

TommyRed 20:52 29 Jul 2004

I did a digital photography night course, which was based on Adobe Elements 2. I didn't have this software which was £60 - £70 so I did a search on e-bay and got the previous version Elements 1 from Germany for £11.00 delivered. It did everything that was needed for that course. HTH TR

Mango Grummit 20:54 29 Jul 2004
  rusty 20:56 29 Jul 2004

click here This website will tell you everything about "Digital Photography",

You can click on any subject and read it online,or you can buy the books.

The best site I have come across for all aspects of Digital Photography, plus lots of software to download.

Rusty

TommyRed 21:12 29 Jul 2004

Here's a list of books on Adobe Elements click here HTH TR

mole44 21:25 29 Jul 2004

have you used the help section on your software its free and will tell you how to do things.in fact all programs i have have a help section.

woodchip 21:46 29 Jul 2004

click here I have a old book that they do not list now, but very good. Digital Photography ANSWERS! certified tech support click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone