Bookmarking in Firefox

Newuser939 17:33 02 Dec 2008

When using Firefox, I have my bookmarks arranged into seven folders. When I bookmark a new page and go to select a folder in which to bookmark it, the list shows only five folders. How do I persuade it to show all seven, or can't I?

Woolwell 17:46 02 Dec 2008

Which version of Firefox? I am unable to replicate your problem with Firefox 3.0.4 and I have more than 5 folders.

ambra4 19:07 02 Dec 2008

Using Firefox 2.0.0.18 and have over 50 folders in my bookmarks folder

Newuser939 19:15 02 Dec 2008

I have version 3.0.4 as well. After a lot more tinkering I have found a "sort of" solution. Now if I click on "Bookmark this Page" I get a choice of only five folders. However if I click on "Choose" and make sure that "Bookmarks Menu" is expanded, all seven folders are available. Quite why only five folders are initially available I do not know, but at least that provides me with a workaround.

dogbreath1 19:16 02 Dec 2008

Bookmarks>Bookmark This Page>Dropdown Menu (to right of Folder: Bookmarks Menu)...

...reveals the full folder structure.

Newuser939 19:33 02 Dec 2008

dogbreath1
If only! I am sure that that is what should happen, but in my case it only reveals five folders. I suspect that I should reinstall really, but I think that I will stick with the workaround described above.

manrow 19:35 02 Dec 2008

I have to admit I find the latest version of Firefox is not as easy to use as the versions were some months ago. In particular it used to be simple to right click on a drop down menu and select 'sort by name'.

Why did we lose that simplicity or is it yet again that my old brain has not caught up with the changes?

CurlyWhirly 06:47 03 Dec 2008

"I have to admit I find the latest version of Firefox is not as easy to use as the versions were some months ago. In particular it used to be simple to right click on a drop down menu and select 'sort by name'."
-----------------------------------------------------
You *can* still do this but not by right clicking on individual bookmarks as before, you need to click on a folder instead (see screenshot below)

click here

p.s. it doesn't just sort the folders but the individual bookmarks too also I'm using the latest version 3.0.4

CurlyWhirly 06:54 03 Dec 2008

Oops I'm mistaken, it doesn't work after all :(

It only works for folders.

I only just realised that this feature was missing when this thread was posted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement