Bookmark tab

Limpy 18:47 02 Mar 2010

I have my Bookmark tab but when I click to add a bookmark it is greyed out. I cannot open or add anything. What could have happened?

Iam on XP.

Sea Urchin 18:59 02 Mar 2010

Which browser are you referring to?

Limpy 19:10 02 Mar 2010

I.E.8

MAT ALAN 19:32 02 Mar 2010

click here
might help...

Limpy 22:28 02 Mar 2010

Tried that and it said Windows cannot find gpedit.msc.

Sea Urchin 11:12 03 Mar 2010

If you are using XP Home you don't have the gpedit facility. You need to perform a registry tweak - before starting back up your system, and take great care when twiddling with the registry.

You can perform these steps from the Registry Editor.

1. Open registry editor by typing regedit in the run box from the start button and pressing Enter.

2. Now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Window/CurrentVersion/Policies/Internet Explorer/Restrictions.

3. If you find any key or entry of NoFavorites, delete it by right clicking on it.

4. Close Regedit.

Limpy 00:51 04 Mar 2010

I have made a mistake. The toolbar in question is not IE8 but BTYahoo. When I click on Bookmarks I get Add/Edit/Import which are greyed out. Sorry to mislead you guys.

MAT ALAN 09:05 04 Mar 2010

right-click on the grey area of the toolbar at the top and activate the favs toolbar
if that does not work uninstall and reinstall toobar...

Sea Urchin 11:41 04 Mar 2010

Personally I would get rid of the Yahoo toolbar and use the Favorites facility in IE8 - the more toolbars you have the greater the chance of slowing down your system.

bosh24 19:08 04 Mar 2010

I have the same problem, can anyone help

Sea Urchin 19:39 04 Mar 2010

According to this everybody using the Yahoo toolbar has got the same problem - something BTYahoo have done I guess?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?