Blurred Photos

  chriscross72 21:53 16 Jun 2004

I have a photograph which is unfortunately out of focus a there a piece of software than can sharpen up scanned copies of out of focus photographs successfully ??
Thanks : )

  johnsims 22:52 16 Jun 2004

Most picture editing software can do this to some extent. Paint Shop Pro is good, Adobe Photoshop is reputedly the best but its expensive and takes a lot of learning.

  hugh-265156 23:44 16 Jun 2004

im not sure to be honest as im only a point and clicker.

paint shop pro is good but if the photo is badly out of focus then i dont think there is much that can be done really. unsharp mask maybe may help a bit. click here

  Eargasm 23:47 16 Jun 2004

I took some photo's of the wife at weekend,i just wish they were blurred :-))

  Bagsey 08:16 17 Jun 2004

I am going to write to your Mrs. and tell her what you said unless I am suitably bought off ;-{

  DMT 09:14 17 Jun 2004

Try Focus Magic from click here

  Simsy 11:09 17 Jun 2004

have just brought out some new software to do specifically this.

I haven't used it, but in the examples I've seen I was very impressed... and only wonder how it works!!

Can't remember what it's called, but the main site is click here

Good luck,



  Simsy 11:12 17 Jun 2004

Now I've seen the link DMT gives, that is the product I was thinking of.

Sorry for any confusion!



  anchor 08:58 18 Jun 2004

Having tried Focus Magic I can say that it is good; better than unsharp mask in either Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop.

  GroupFC 09:57 18 Jun 2004


  Sethhaniel 10:00 18 Jun 2004

more water with it ;} before you release the shutter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?