BLUEYONDER STANDING CHARGE

haggis ok 09:06 03 Nov 2005

Hi,
I have been having a dispute with blueyonder over a telephone bill,I informed them I didnt want to be charged 3 quid for not paying by direct debit, my next internet bill had a 3 quid charge for not paying my internet bill by direct debit as well, is this happening to any other blueyonder customers? this means they are trying to rob me of 6 quide per month for non direct debit payments, rip off or what!

jimv7 09:17 03 Nov 2005

your choice, its in their terms and conditions, which you obviously read, before you signed up.

Thatslife 09:35 03 Nov 2005

Sorry Haggis, I'm with blueyonder and I agree with jimv7 - If you chose not to pay by DD they add on an admin charge.

PaulB2005 09:40 03 Nov 2005

"this means they are trying to rob me of 6 quide per month for non direct debit payments, rip off or what!"

Careful!

BY are not "robbing" you. It was in the T&Cs. Rip off? No, plenty of other companies do the same. It costs less in admin to accept payment by DD so they add an admin charge to bills when DD is not used. You agreed to it when you signed up - if you don't like it that's another matter.

haggis ok 12:33 03 Nov 2005

Excuse me but if you inform a company you do not wish to pay a telephone d.d surcharge you DONT have to pay it, this is the LAW!I would also like to point out that I have been a blueyonder broad band customer for over 3 years and it was only after I asked them not to charge for my telephone connection that they started to add this surcharge on my internet bill! The net result will be me changing over to another company.

sattman 13:17 03 Nov 2005

haggis ok I can understand why you are annoyed and more so that you are now suddenly asked to pay this charge.

But I am not sure where you got this from.....
Excuse me but if you inform a company you do not wish to pay a telephone d.d surcharge you DONT have to pay it, this is the LAW!.....

In this instance the condition is part of the contract you signed for. Thier general terms and condition state.... the following Monthly service charges are quoted for payment by direct debit. Payment for services by any method other than direct debit will incur a monthly administration charge of £3....

It looks like your call prompted them to manually check your account and in so doing they found an anomally that you were not paying the correct amount, on the plus side at least they are not proposing to backdate the debt. So in that aspect you have gained

I do not know how long this condition of charge to non direct debit has been a condition of BY if it is new then you have a case not to pay as you did not agree under their terms however I would think it would be case of them saying accept it or leave it.

ACOLYTE 13:17 03 Nov 2005

I have to agree with haggis ok,it should be one price for all,you are getting the same service shouldnt matter how you pay as long as you do.
I always find this DD thing a bit of a con too,its just another way for people who dont have a bank accout to be charged more for the same thing as those who do.

PaulB2005 13:27 03 Nov 2005

"Excuse me but if you inform a company you do not wish to pay a telephone d.d surcharge you DONT have to pay it, this is the LAW!"

Under which law exactly?

sattman 13:31 03 Nov 2005

ACOLYTE

"I have to agree with haggis ok,it should be one price for all,you are getting the same service shouldnt matter how you pay as long as you do"

It is down to a accounting process called efficiency, I can have a office with perhaps a hundrerd staff sorting cheques, postal orders, money orders, bank drafts and maybe cash on occasions or I can have a fully computerised auto handling system linked to the bank clearing system handling hundreds of accounts with better control. And the admin requirement for all this, one person.

ACOLYTE 13:33 03 Nov 2005

SODS LAW lol.

sattman 13:35 03 Nov 2005

I am afraid it looks like it could be for Haggis ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?