Bluetooth and wireless switch urgent help needed

Ishaan 15:24 02 Jul 2008

Hi, I recently reformatted my sony vaio pcg-z1wap, and after the reformatting, lots of drivers ahd obviously gone, I have mangaed to replace nearly all of them, however, i can not find the driver for the wireless switch.

Before the reformat, the laptop had an icon in the tray which allowed you to turn bluetooth and Wireless LAN on and off, however, that is no longer there. I can find a download to get it back.

does anyone no what i can do? Please reply quick, ishaan

Ashrich 21:01 02 Jul 2008

click here , although it says for Americas only , but give it a go , Motebook and Control Utilities

Ashley

Ishaan 21:14 02 Jul 2008

hi, i have tried all the relevant drivers and utilities from there but it hasnt owrked, i have donwloaded the wireless switch utility and installed it but cant see it anywhere on my pc...:S

Ashrich 22:33 02 Jul 2008

Can't find this model in the Uk site , is it American or European ? Do you have the wireless LAN working at the moment , you can probably turn it on and off from Device Manager / Network Adapters / ( wireless device ) / Advanced . ( possibly do the same for bluetooth )

Ashley

Ishaan 23:45 02 Jul 2008

this model is american i think and my parents had it shipped from the us.

i can enable and disable it from the device manager, but that does not allow me to send files through laptop to other bluetooth devices...

for some reason, the Bluespace NE software says bluetooth is turned of and wont let me use it to send things via bluetooth.

Ashrich 00:21 03 Jul 2008

That's really weird , I'll have to put my thinking cap on again , however it's getting late and I need my sleep , I'll try again tomorrow ....

Ashley

Ishaan 00:25 03 Jul 2008

haha! thanks alot for your help! it is much apreciated and i am grateful that yuo are helping! in the meantime, i too will look for possible solutions....

goodnight;)

Ashrich 20:38 03 Jul 2008

Hi again , did you download and install the Sony Shared Library before installing the Sony Notebook Utilities which includes the wireless switch software ? If you didn't then you needed to ! click here and READ THE WHOLE PAGE , including , just before half way down , the " Required " bit written in red , that says about the Sony Shared Library ( download from there and run , after uninstalling the Notebook Utilities you had previously loaded but could not see ) Hopefully that might do it !!

Ashley

vouchersmarter 10:48 04 Jul 2008

I think sony vaio pcg-z1wap is just suitable for home using, maybe you can visit click here for some more details.
thanks

Ishaan 12:04 04 Jul 2008

Hi, i have already done that but still no success...:S

idletom 11:35 28 Apr 2010

<a href="click here">this page</a> has some electronics vouchers that might be useful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?