Bluetooth speakers

taffy101 10:44 26 Nov 2008

I have obtained some Zoom 4380 bluetooth speakers to use as PC speakers, but I cannot get them to work . They have paired with my PC fine but I cannot find an option to send the sound output to them. The documentation is not so helpful except that it mentions you need A2DP or AVRCP bluetooth capability. Does anyone know what this is and how I can get them to work.

ambra4 12:19 26 Nov 2008

What is A2DP?

click here

A2DP Support on Desktop and Mobile Platforms

click here

Definition of "AVRCP"

The Audio/Video Remote Control Profile is a Bluetooth profile that allows Bluetooth devices to control media playback on remote devices.

It is typically used with A2DP devices for next/previous track selection and pause/play functions.

Also known as: "Audio/Video Remote Control Profile

taffy101 12:55 26 Nov 2008

I have a Bluetooth adapter which I have had quite a while. Does this mean I will need a new adapter which supports A2DP and AVRCP. Do most new adapters support this?

ambra4 15:54 26 Nov 2008

"Does this mean I will need a new adapter which supports A2DP and AVRCP"

Yes

Bluetooth profile

click here

Zoom Bluetooth Wireless Products

click here

taffy101 21:04 26 Nov 2008

Thanks for that. I have ordered the Zoom bluetooth 4321 adaptor, so hopefully I will be up and running soon.

taffy101 09:03 01 Dec 2008

My Zoom bluetooth adaptor arrived and I'm up and running. The software with the adaptor lets you connect to the speakers. It's brilliant!

ambra4 11:33 01 Dec 2008

Glad to hear all working

Enjoy

Tick Box and click resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?