Bluetooth problem

lindyloo4 15:00 27 Sep 2013

I have just purchased a sound bar and can not connect my laptop via Bluetooth. No problems at all with my Samsung Tab. It paired straightaway. I must be doing something wrong but no idea what. My laptop is a Samsung model 550p5c running Windows 7 Home Premium. Device Manager states my Bluetooth drivers are uptodate but when I click on Send files nothing happens. No other devices are picked up at all, whereas my Tab picks up the sound bar,my phone, hubby's phone and the TV. Can anyone help please. Do I need to download something else? Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:06 27 Sep 2013

Have a read here

lindyloo4 16:33 27 Sep 2013

Thanks Fruit Bat. I have read this before but it still confuses me. I have Bluetooth drivers installed, they came with the laptop, and as I said they are the latest. I have tried adding a device but this is where nothing happens at all. It's as though something is missing. Do you think I need an adapter, whatever one is? I thought the fact that the drivers were there that was all I needed. You can tell I have no idea what I'm doing.

lindyloo4 11:11 29 Sep 2013

Sorted!!!!! I tried a different Google search, I put Can not access Bluetooth settings. From the various threads the word Services crept into one. I looked in Services and there were four entries for Bluetooth and one said Disabled next to it so I obviously enabled it. Hey Presto, everything up and running. I knew it would be something simple, but wouldn't you think it would have been enabled automatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone