Bluetooth Mobile and Computer ?

Pererin 20:13 21 Jan 2006

Hi Gang, I need an explanation as to my son's new mobile phone,which because it is bluetooth enabled(whatever that means), can apparently connect to the computer. Firstly what and how does this work, and secondly what do I need to connect it to the computer. As always in my case please keep it simple which is on par with my I.T. knowledge !

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:21 21 Jan 2006

Explanation click here

If your PC is not already fitted with bluetooth then the easiest way is to buy a bluetooth dogal to plug into a UBS port click here

SG Atlantis® 21:28 21 Jan 2006

click here=

That one has worked perfectly for me and I highly recommend Belkin.

Bluetooth is a wireless method of devices communicating over short distances. It will allow your son to send pictures, sounds and all sorts to and from the PC. Apart from buying the adaptor at £19.99 there's NO additional costs.

SG Atlantis® 21:31 21 Jan 2006

You have windows XP?

Pererin 22:48 21 Jan 2006

Thanks Gang, my computer has a wireless card in it, I don't know if that has anything to do with it, and yes I have XP pro, if that is any help.

SG Atlantis® 23:27 21 Jan 2006

"has a wireless card in it"

yeah but it won't be bluetooth...

Pererin 11:49 22 Jan 2006

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ and SG Atlantis I think I understand now what you mean by Bluetooth and why the wireless card has nothing to do with it. To novices like myself it's all one and the same. Thanks for your help. Pererin No doubt you will be hearing from me again in the future!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017