Is Bluetooth interfering with my sound output?

Janette-1420383 23:05 10 Feb 2010

I have a Samsung NC10 running WinXP. Earlier I set I connected the netbook to my phone as an audio enhancement using bluetooth. It worked fine and sounds from my phone played through the computer speakers.

I then disconnected the BT connection and went back to using the netbook as normal.

Now I have no sound output.

The bluetooth connection is definately closed and all audio settings seem to be normal, nothing on mute or anything like that. I've been through the windows trouble shooter with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks

mgmcc 08:00 11 Feb 2010

Go into "Control Panel > Sounds & Audio Devices", select the Audio tab and check that the "Default devices" have changed back to the computer's built-in soundcard. They may be showing something like "Bluetooth audio device" which needs to be changed back.

Janette-1420383 13:00 11 Feb 2010

I tried that aswell, my thinking (which is probably the same as yours) is that the computer has cut off it's own sounds and is only taking BT signals. The thing is, that won't work either. I reconnected the Bluetooth and played music on my phone, the netbook was showing bytes received going up, but I couldn't get any noise out of the speakers.

If it's of any help or signifigance, when I move the headphone jack on my speakers lightly around/in and out of the socket on the computer I get a crackling noise from them. The speakers do work though as my ipod plays fine throuh them. I can't confirm weather or not the speakers did the crackling thing before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?