bluetooth dongle?

diddi.ash 15:15 07 May 2007

I want to get a bluetooth dongle to transfer my photos from my nokia phone, but my question is how do i know if i have the bluetooth facility in my desktop, i have windows XP on broadband with the wireless??

bluetooth driver stack is inbuilt as part of service pack 2
go to control panel and you should see an entry there.
Some Dongles use their own software,also nokia do a software suite to install on your pc.

if you havent already purchased one,this is a good dongle
click here
xp recognises it,but do read the installation book thoroughly before installing.

hope this helps

diddi.ash 15:29 07 May 2007

thanks, i was thinking of buying from ebay for about £5 and they come with a installation cd, would that do it then?

diddi.ash 15:30 07 May 2007

cant see the bluetooth logo in control panel, dont what im looking for really?
not that good when it comes to technical stuff

Totally-braindead 16:10 07 May 2007

When you plug in a bluetooth dongle windows will recognise it and install the software.
You will not see an entry for it in control panel as you haven't plugged a dongle in.
I have a Samsung phone and the new software for it doesn't work with the dongle I bought, also off Ebay, as its a version 1.2 one and the software needs a version 2.0 one.
So you might spend £5 for something that doesn't work.
Better to check the Nokia site first and see if theres any info on what sort of dongle it needs.

Technotiger 16:18 07 May 2007

Hi, any ordinary bluetooth dongle with its own software will work. Plus you will need Nokia PC Suite installed on your pc - If you bought your nokia boxed, you should already have the PC Suite CD included. This is exactly what I have with my Nokia 6234.

diddi.ash 16:29 07 May 2007

yes i had the pc suite cd but have lost it, so i will also need that then??
Does it have to be for that phone as i can borrow some one elses?

Totally-braindead 16:30 07 May 2007

Just download it from the Nokia website.

aldi have one on special offer tuesday at £7.99 if you have a store near you,its 2.0 compliant
click here
you can download the pc suite from
click here

oops...sorry aldi offer is thursday 10.5.07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?