Bluetooth Dongle

swanny2 17:49 01 Nov 2005

Hi there.
ive just purchased a dongle for my Motorola e550,problem is . ive put the disc in and installed it. now when i got too put the donle in the usb port it flashes and nothing happens.
Any 1 help me please as ive not much idea on how too get this up an running. thank s
Swanny :O)

old_git 18:56 01 Nov 2005

" put the donle in the usb port it flashes and nothing happens."

That is fine. When it is flashing it is searching for other bluetooth devices.

You may have an icon on the desktop called my bluetooth places. This is where transfered files are stored from the phone. What you need to do now is to enable the bluetooth on the phone and send something to the computer. Pick a picture if you have one.

You should then get a warning that a bluetooth device is trying to contact you. You will then have to give the computer and the phone " a name ". You will also be asked to make a password for both devices.

Well, you do on mine.

swanny2 22:00 01 Nov 2005

cheers mate . ive got the dongle in now and the red light isnt flashing,but what do i send too the pc from my phone an how do i name it ,sending something too the pc?i scanned for device on the phone but nothing found? .
confused here . :O(
thanks
Swanny.. :O)

old_git 23:10 01 Nov 2005

"ive got the dongle in now and the red light isnt flashing"

It should.have you put it in a different usb port?

It has an in built camera, so try and send a picture from the phone to the computer.

Manual for your phone click here. If you look on page 3 for setting up a wireless connection. This should scan for the dongle.

old_git 23:13 01 Nov 2005

Also pages 34 and 35 have more information on setting up the bluetooth connection.

Skills 00:25 02 Nov 2005

Ok first step is to verify that the pc is seeing the dongle and it is installed correctly and working so plug it in and check for it in the device manager, will probably show up under network adapters at a guess.

If its there go to the control panel and there should be a bluetooth devices icon or something along those lines open this up and then there should be an option somewhere to add new devices to the bluetooth. Its been a while since i did this so I cant remember exactly where it is. This will start a bluetooth setup wizard much like the network setup wizard, make sure you have bluetooth turned on on your mobile and then run the wizard through it should search for bluetooth devices and find your phone. You can then setup the passkey and bluetooth network.

This page here talks about configuring a pocket pc to use bluetooth but gives you the idea click here

swanny2 08:44 02 Nov 2005

thanks
i went too control panel/network and found in there
network- Bluetooth PAN network adaptor also TCP/IP Bluetooth network adaptor.

ive tok a photo nothing happened,also in the above what am i meant too do?
cheers .
Swanny :O)

swanny2 08:52 02 Nov 2005

ive just scanned for devices on my phone ,with the Dongle in Flashing!!, and my phone found no devices,hmm

swanny2 11:59 02 Nov 2005

Just a thought ..but would i need credit in my phone for this device too work?
still no luck ive got the bluesoleil window up with the icon on but at the bottom of the page it says insert device, witch i have but says no device found.!!agh well try again .
thnx
Swanny ..

Skills 13:56 02 Nov 2005

TRy getting your pc to scan for bluetooth devices and set it up that way.

If I remember correctly you need to configure the PC to allow bluetooth devices to access it. Security purposes so that may be why your phone isnt finding any bluetooth networks.

In control panel there should be a bluetooth icon double click that and then there should be a tab to do with bluetooth devices and an add button at the bottom if my brain serves me well. Click that add a new device and the bluetooth setup wizard should begin and scan for your phone, hopefully it should find your phone and then you should be able to configure the security settings.

Am not sure about the credit i shouldnt think its required as your not using the mobile network to send your data.

old_git 15:50 02 Nov 2005

" Just a thought ..but would i need credit in my phone for this device too work? "

no.

Control panel>>network connections>>bluetooth network. Is it enabled?

Then select a photograph on your computer, a jpg, right click it >> send to >> bluetooth. The computer should then scan for bluetooth devices. Make sure that the blue tooth is enabled on the phone. See if it see's the phone and starts the wizard to pair the phone and computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?