bluetooth activation laptop acer5920

peterh1 00:09 14 Jul 2008

how do i get my bluetooth to work sorry im a total beginner and dont have a clue what to do any advice appreciated

tullie 00:27 14 Jul 2008

What happens when you flick the switch?I have an Acer with a switch on the front for bluetooth,but on some models it isent installed,mine isent.

tullie 06:55 14 Jul 2008

Forgot to mention,have you had a look in Device Manager to see if its listed?

peterh1 07:49 14 Jul 2008

checked device manager cant see no bluetooth so i cant get it then

peterh1 08:36 14 Jul 2008

just tryed again and it said goto acer vcm centre to configure i had a look at vcm centre and it only mention voip phone and voice activation devices am i doing the right thing any help recieved greatfull im not computer litarate so bear with me on this

handful 12:27 14 Jul 2008

peterh1 - I have a Acer5920 and a Bluetooth button which would indicate I have a bluetooth capability but I don't. Like tullie said you need to go into Device Manager to see if it's installed but I suspect it isn't. If you don't know where this is, Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager and look at the list of installed hardware.

peterh1 13:14 14 Jul 2008

checked device manager not there <bluetooth>thanks tullie/handful can i get it fitted and how sorry to be a pain but not comp minded

handful 14:00 17 Jul 2008

peterh1 - I think it would be quite a complicated and expensive job to be honest if it's possible at all. I would suggest you would be better off buying a usb bluetooth dongle, available very cheaply from any of the normal retailers. This one is particularly good for laptops click here

ronalddonald 14:33 17 Jul 2008

you have a driver for the bluetooth you may need to instal it first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement