bluetooth activation laptop acer5920

peterh1 00:09 14 Jul 2008

how do i get my bluetooth to work sorry im a total beginner and dont have a clue what to do any advice appreciated

tullie 00:27 14 Jul 2008

What happens when you flick the switch?I have an Acer with a switch on the front for bluetooth,but on some models it isent installed,mine isent.

tullie 06:55 14 Jul 2008

Forgot to mention,have you had a look in Device Manager to see if its listed?

peterh1 07:49 14 Jul 2008

checked device manager cant see no bluetooth so i cant get it then

peterh1 08:36 14 Jul 2008

just tryed again and it said goto acer vcm centre to configure i had a look at vcm centre and it only mention voip phone and voice activation devices am i doing the right thing any help recieved greatfull im not computer litarate so bear with me on this

handful 12:27 14 Jul 2008

peterh1 - I have a Acer5920 and a Bluetooth button which would indicate I have a bluetooth capability but I don't. Like tullie said you need to go into Device Manager to see if it's installed but I suspect it isn't. If you don't know where this is, Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager and look at the list of installed hardware.

peterh1 13:14 14 Jul 2008

checked device manager not there <bluetooth>thanks tullie/handful can i get it fitted and how sorry to be a pain but not comp minded

handful 14:00 17 Jul 2008

peterh1 - I think it would be quite a complicated and expensive job to be honest if it's possible at all. I would suggest you would be better off buying a usb bluetooth dongle, available very cheaply from any of the normal retailers. This one is particularly good for laptops click here

ronalddonald 14:33 17 Jul 2008

you have a driver for the bluetooth you may need to instal it first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?