Blue Screen Problem

alB 15:50 19 Aug 2004

I've just got the latest Serif Webplus 9 program it seems to crash my PC every time I use it with the same blue screen error..fatal exception in OE 0028:C0059D2D. I've updated my Graphics card driver and DirectX and also downloaded and installed the update for Microsoft Library files Serif technical support seem unable to help. I'm running Windows98se 512mb Ram plenty of free space on my hard drive, Searching google for the error message does bring up a couple of similar errors but nothing specific in the way of a fix, any help would be appreciated...alB

recap 16:09 19 Aug 2004

click here and download the latest patches and fixes for serif.

alB 18:57 19 Aug 2004

Thanks for that link, I've looked on this list before but I can't see any patches for Webplus 9, there's one for a FTP Uploader for earlier versions so I think I'll download and install that and see what happens, it might just add a specific file to my system that will do the trick, let you know how I get on, thanks again...alB

alB 17:55 20 Aug 2004

Installed the FTP patch, still crashes, I've loaded the software onto a PC running Windows 2000 it runs without crashing but not all the graphic effects and fonts are available even though the full installation was used, perhaps I'll have to wait a few weeks to see if Serif offer any patches specific to this programme...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?