Blue Screen or Black Screen of death

AndyJones123 17:20 13 Feb 2015

I have been struggling with BSOD (it can be either blue screen with white writing, or just go black) for almost a year now. It occurs daily. I brought my computer to the computer store where I bought it and they tested the GPU at the highest stress level and said it was fine. I bought a new monitor which hasn't fixed it. Someone told me they had a similar problem and replaced the hard drive and all their problems were solved. Since mine is a SSD and not cheap, I don't want to do this without some expert advice.

I got this message when I got windows to work again:

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 116 BCP1: FFFFFA800B8B84E0 BCP2: FFFFF8800FD6E828 BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A BCP4: 0000000000000004 OS Version: 617601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\021415-7924-01.dmp C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-18985-0.sysdata.xml

I have tried to open these files but don't know how.

Please note that I have recently wiped the hard drive and reinstalled windows and updated all the drivers, so it can't be malware or drivers.

I am using Windows 7 and have an Intel i7 processor and 8GB RAM. Please let me know what hardware I need to replace or if there is an easier solution.

Secret-Squirrel 18:03 13 Feb 2015

"I have tried to open these files but don't know how."

BlueScreenView will show you basic details for previous BSoDs - you can get it from here.

If your BSoDs are all the same (Bug Check 0×116: VIDEO-TDR-ERROR) then the troubleshooting information on this webpage will hopefully help.

"Please let me know what hardware I need to replace.............."

Again, if the BSoDs are all same and your motherboard has onboard graphics (or you have a spare card available) then remove the current card for testing purposes.

wee eddie 21:56 13 Feb 2015

I am not sure how long you ago you bought your PC but I think that the shop you bought it from are being extremely unhelpful.

There are many possible causes of a BSOD and any competent technician, with the PC on his desk, should be able to pin down the cause without too much trouble.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:12 28 Feb 2015

spam from Hellokelly15

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?