Blue screen message(missed)

six-h 16:29 22 Dec 2006

on booting up once, I had a blue screen message after windows had loaded. Iwas not paying attention at the time and missed the full text but it was something about not being happy with a fat 32 sector of my disk and was going to check it in three two one ...
since then no recurrence but worried as this refers to the recovery sector any ideas??

anskyber 16:32 22 Dec 2006

Sounds like a disc check, did you schedule one? It occurs the next time you boot.

birdface 18:16 22 Dec 2006

Sound Like disc check like anskyber said,If you did not schedule one,It normally appears if computer has been shut down incorrectly.

TomG 20:46 22 Dec 2006

Open my computer, right click your C:\ drive and select properties then select tools and run a disk check (if its xp you will have to restart your pc for it to run - then you will see if you have a problem.

six-h 12:51 28 Dec 2006

sorry for the delay in response, back in the library after christmas. I didn't schedule a check and as far as I know didn't shut down incorrectly, but it hasn't happened since so it seems all is well. Iwas just worried as the fat 32 sector is only for use with the recovery disk when re-setting to factory conditions, so I will not know if this is somehow corrupted until it is needed!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?