Blue screen and Kernal error using Win XP

Simac 13:40 14 Oct 2006

Lately I have been having a problem with my PC in which when not in use for a while keeps coming up with a blank blue screen, causing me to have to re-boot. It also shows a kernal error but do apologise for not writing down which particular kernal.

I am using Win XP as my O/S, it is getting frustrating, for it seems to be ongoing every day, at the moment anyone got any ideas.

Regards
Simac

johnnyrocker 15:35 14 Oct 2006

try system file checker ie sfc /scannow and have xp cd available if it should ask for it.

johnny.

Simac 20:21 14 Oct 2006

okay johnnyrocker will try your solution. Just to add the kernal error is Kernal_Stack_Inpage_Error
then it waffles on in detail.

Just to also add I have just got back and found the "Blue Screen Of Death" with all the above.

Will try first thing in the morning with this thread and if what you mention is successful I will close the thread.

Regards
Simac

Technotiger 20:27 14 Oct 2006

Hi, have you tried a System Restore back to before this started happening?

Cheers

Simac 06:28 15 Oct 2006

johnnyrocker.
I tried sfc /scannow and not much happened it did the checking of the system, but no prompt for xp cd. This morning I find the 'blue screen' again with the same Kernal error.

Technotiger, I have not done a system restore, to be quite honest I would not know the date it all started to happen, for I have just put up for it for so long until I got absolutely fed up now, so I want to get rid of the 'blue screen' error and not have to resort to rebooting all the time. But need to find a solution to stop it altogether.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone