Blue screen error Isass.exe system error - freeze

Daisie 22:23 22 Jul 2007

My Mum's laptop has the 'bad news' blue screen with message - Isass.exe - System Error
Object not found. with an OK box. She has clicked on the OK but it just restarts back to the blue screen. Same when she turns off the machine and on again.
Mum's a pretty cool 80 yr-old but phones me up to trouble-shoot problems (250 miles away) but this one's beyond me. Can anyone help?

Graham. 22:32 22 Jul 2007

Will it start in Safe Mode? If so, try System Restore.

birdface 22:51 22 Jul 2007

Hi,Just something to look at,click here It shows you the difference between the proper one and the virus/trojan one.Also googled.click here

Graham. 20:52 23 Jul 2007

Please respond in the forum, not by email.

Received:

'Hi Graham Thanks for the suggestion which I want to try but I printed out the windows help 'starting in safe mode' instructions and they do it via start. The trouble is that the screen is all blue and the start button isn't visible. I think you are kindly giving me more credit than I'm due. Please can you tell me how to get to safe mode start from blue screen. Thanks Daisie'

You must press a key when the laptop starts to boot, often this is F8, but you may have to experiment.

VoG II 21:05 23 Jul 2007

Keep tapping the F8 key after restarting.

birdface 23:49 23 Jul 2007

Like Vog say's Just keep tapping the F8 button as the computer starts,Scroll up-and try Last good configuration ,Or into safe mode and run all your spyware,Or system restore when in safe mode,[Start, All Programs, Accessories. System Tools, System Restore.] And restore to a date before the trouble started,I hope this works for you,If not you may have to do a system repair for which you would need the XP disc.

Daisie 19:06 24 Jul 2007

Thanks everyone!

I've tried all the suggestions but all efforts led back to the original blue error screen. I've suggested Mum finds recommendations for a local computer shop and lets them have a look at it.

Graham. 22:55 24 Jul 2007

Does Mum have an XP Windows or Recovery disc? Put one of these in the CD/DVD drive and restart the laptop.

Graham. 22:57 24 Jul 2007

Should have said, this is most likely what a local computer shop will do, so it's cheaper to do it yourself.

birdface 00:52 25 Jul 2007

Unfortunately your mum getting a bit older and you 250 miles away,I would admit it is probably better getting someone in to fix it,Is the laptop still under guarantee,You normally only get one year,Does she not have a neighbor. Or friend that can have it repaired for her.If not the local computer repair shop would have to do.If she is on broadband maybe having a look at this will help.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?