blue screen error

jakimo 13:50 05 Nov 2006

getting a blue screen error but don't have time to read message before windows restart. windows then says they cannot solve the problem. Any ideas?

VoG II 14:10 05 Nov 2006

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure untick the box in front of Automatically restart. You should now get time to read the error message.

pcg-fr315s 11:02 18 Feb 2007

When shutting down my XP home throws up a blue screen and either reboots or freezes. I have a photo of the screen but the message means nothing to me. Where can I get info on what al the messages mean?

SLAYER 11:13 18 Feb 2007

pcg-fr315s

I is better if you start your own post,confusion will reign If the good folk here,answerers and help seekers alike,are trying to figure out who's problem is being related to by the answerers posted.

SLAYER 11:14 18 Feb 2007

typo: answerers posted should read answers posted.

birdface 11:22 18 Feb 2007

Try ,Last good configuration in safe mode,or system restore,Microsoft released 3 Downloads on the 16th which stopped a lot of computers running,If you get your downloads automatically you would not know,Any of the two above should restart your computer if this is your problem,If using system restore,Restore to a date before the 16th.

birdface 11:24 18 Feb 2007

This is a copy of the thread on friday.click here

jakimo 13:37 18 Feb 2007

problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?