Blue Screen During Games

pb457 12:52 17 Sep 2005

I recently posted about my computer restarting,i got some good responses which helped me however, i looked through some existing posts and found a way to stop the computer restarting when an error occurs however now i get the dreaded blue screen and this message.
Drive_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal does anyone know what is wrong,or how i can fix this problem.
I am running a socket a setup 2500+ Athlon XP 1.83Ghz 512 mb PC3200 DDR Sd Ram Ultra 100 IDE Hard Drive Nvidia Ge Force FX5700 TD128.
Thanks for your help

igk 13:30 17 Sep 2005

You need to look for problems in this order:1st=graphics card,seated correctly?see if there are updated drivers from the makers website? 2nd= ram memory,again is it/are they seated correctly? if you have two modules is one breaking down?try removing one at a time (don't forget you must have a module in the first slot). 3rd= it could be the motherboard breaking down (worst option as it means a new one)there is very little that you can do to see if it is the mobo..hope this helps..

pb457 14:29 17 Sep 2005

Looks like i have the latest driver for my Graphiics card, Graphics card isseated properly, i've already checked the RAM. Therefore the problem is either software or the motherboard, i'll try the software, how do i check the motherboard for faults without sending it away to be tested.
Could it be conflicts at all, how could i check?
Thanks.

pb457 14:31 17 Sep 2005

whoops you already said about how i can check the motherboard,didn't spot that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone