blue screen of death; help!!

puma22 20:06 28 Mar 2007

Hi,
my pc has had a funny turn. an error message saying something about so many colours needed to run ???? The graphics on the crenn had gone really large. I tried to turn it back to a smaller setting via right click on desk top and properties.
PC crashed and then all i get is a blue screen on start up with the following error message

stop oxoooooo7e (0xc0000005 0xf4bcb184 0xf7eeed44 0x7fbeea40

Any help appreciated

moorie- 20:15 28 Mar 2007

have you installed any software or hardware recently if so system restore to earlier point,you can undo if not the problem

puma22 20:21 28 Mar 2007

Nope (at least I have'nt and the kids are denying ;-].

today i did a real cleanout of the pc though and ran my anit spyware, windows one care, and just to check that all was all OK verified that windows files were OK by running sfc/scannow prompt. That was this morning and all has been running ok since then..
If a system restore would sort out the issue, how do i get passed the blue screen to get to it?

Cheers!

VoG II 20:24 28 Mar 2007

This may help click here

puma22 20:35 28 Mar 2007

A bit too technical as nothing jumps off the page as matching the error message.
It did say something about the bios and to contact pc manufacturer. It's a dell, so i have been onto them who suggest that it is a software issue.

puma22 20:36 28 Mar 2007

I'm sending these from another pc as i dont know how to get passed the blue screen on the broken one.

moorie- 21:04 28 Mar 2007

sorry a bit slow tonight
That was this morning and all has been running ok since then..
If a system restore would sort out the issue, how do i get passed the blue screen to get to it?

sorry mate which is it everything ok or blue screen

blue screen
see click here

moorie- 21:07 28 Mar 2007

sorry a bit slow tonight
That was this morning and all has been running ok since then..

sorry mate which is it everything ok or blue screen

blue screen
see click here

VoG II 21:16 28 Mar 2007

Try a repair click here

puma22 21:25 28 Mar 2007

not to worry, my fault. What i meant to say was that it was working OK from me fiddling in the morning to when the blue screen appeared.
Thanks for the link, but i think i have solved it. Did f8 and then chose system restore and it seems to be working OK (fingers crossed).
I'll leave this thread open 'till moring to see if it starts OK then.

thnaks for all the help and have a good evening.

Puma

moorie- 21:30 28 Mar 2007

ok,pleased you have got it sorted out
regs
d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache