Blue screen 0x0000008E

algo mas 19:15 26 Aug 2010

This is occuring very often and is difficult to use computer.
The above number block appears with 4 groups of other numbers and letters. I have found out that it could be a faulty driver somewhere.
I also have other blue screens with:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

How do I find this driver?
Do I delete it? How?
How do I update drivers?

I have backed up my HD long before this occured and is on another section of my hard drive. I am thinking of putting this back on to drive C of my hard drive whilst I still have some control over my PC. However I do not have a clue how to install this nor what to do with the stuff on the old C drive afterwards.
Any help would be welcome, the easier the better. Sorry if my problem comes out a bit garbled.

MAT ALAN 19:43 26 Aug 2010

I have found out that it could be a faulty driver somewhere.

This error message is normally associated with a memory issue, you could try taking it out and reseating it or if you have more than one stick try them one at a time...

johndrew 19:44 26 Aug 2010

This could be caused by several problems including a virus. Have you run an AV scan to check that out?

One other main cause is Registry corruption. You could try a 'System Restore' to a point you knew the PC was functioning correctly.

You may also have faulty RAM. With the PC turned OFF at the mains reseat the RAM modules.

Failing the above you could try the free tool here click here. I haven't tried it but it may work.

algo mas 20:23 26 Aug 2010

Thanks for reply.
I used system restore but same problem. Will try scanning then reseating memory modules.
Thanks again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:58 26 Aug 2010

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
click here
Usual cause is a bad driver, try updating you drivers especially anything you have recently installed.

algo mas 14:55 27 Aug 2010

Tried virus scan but shut down again.Also although IE tries to connect it suddenly stops and goes back to my desktop.
I will also check my memory slots later.
I think I will buy Paretologic, a driver updater.Perhaps buy using this it will sort out my drivers?
Anyway I am not computer literate and would not know how to find let alone delete/update manually

Thanks for advice.

birdface 15:20 27 Aug 2010

You could try driver max free version but it will only update 2 drivers a day.

algo mas 15:37 27 Aug 2010

Thanks for reply.
I have found that xp has something called verifer.exe which checks drivers. I will also try this and your suggestion. V.Busy this weekend. Wedding and Birthday dos. So will come back later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?