Blue-Ray Reader

charles60 22:16 25 Jan 2011

Sorry guys its me again asking silly Questions I am now in the process of choosing a Blue-ray reader DVD/ writer as i don't want to copy blue-ray just watch blue ray on my pc but want to copy DVD/ CD i found this one Samsung SHB123L 12X Blue-Ray Reader& lightscribe DVD/writer is this ok for what I want? Or is there anything else to look at thanks for any help given

GaT7 22:42 25 Jan 2011

Yes, should be fine if you have a spare SATA header on the motherboard & a spare SATA power connector. Most drives will not come with a SATA cable, so you may have to buy this separately (check details carefully). G

Also please note to be able to watch Blu-Rays you need to have a certain minimum system spec & BD playing software. Apart from the PC itself, your monitor needs to be HCDP compliant if using a digital connection (for the best experience). More details at click here.

How much will you be paying for it delivered? G

northumbria61 22:48 25 Jan 2011

That one looks okay - comes with good reviews from purchasers at E-Buyer click here - OEM cheaper but you won't get any cables supplied.

charles60 23:10 25 Jan 2011

from Amazon including Cables which Are 1X SATA power Adapter cable 1X SATA DATA CABLE and a Startech.com LP4 to 2SATA internal power spilter cable total cost inc shiping £55

GaT7 23:18 25 Jan 2011

OK, so you're going for the retail version (click here) which includes BD playing software. I guess your system spec is sufficient too? G

charles60 23:25 25 Jan 2011

Thanks for above will order tomorrow

charles60 23:27 25 Jan 2011

OOPs forgot if I get the retail version does that include the cables or do I still have to order them extra?

GaT7 11:46 26 Jan 2011

Not sure, nobody mentions cables in their review.

The eBuyer OEM one apparently comes with software too, so even if you were to buy the cables separately you could still save something over Amazon's price. G

charles60 11:57 26 Jan 2011

thanks for that crossbow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?