Blue dot

Eleanor 19:32 14 Feb 2003

A blue dot has appeared on my LCD monitor. The video card has been running in safe mode since I got it. Anyone got the same problem? Any ideas on how to get rid?
Video card: Gainward Gf 4 Ti4600 750xp
Video card driver: v29.80
RAM: 512mb

Sir Radfordin™ 21:02 14 Feb 2003

A guess would say that the blue dot is a dead pixle - not much you can do about that one.

Why has the video card been running in safe mode? Try removing the driver, reboot the PC and then re-install the driver.

shifty 21:14 14 Feb 2003

Had the same problem with an LG LCD monitor, manged to get it replaced but ended up with other blue dots elsewhere on the new screen. Appears to be a common problem that isn't curable.

Eleanor 11:29 15 Feb 2003

If I format my harddrive and re-install windows the blue dot disappears. I`ve done this twice now, but for obvious reasons I don`t want to do it once a month. So I don`t think it is a dead pixel. When I say safe mode I meant the default setting for the card core and memory clock speeds are in the green. Not overclocked I think is the phrase.

professor 16:24 15 Feb 2003

id contact gainward tech support if i were you they will be able to tell you exactly what the problem is if not you should have the option of a refund to go out and get a different card i use a Radeon9000 64MB DDR and have never had any problems with it.

prof

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?