Blood sugar monitoring software

m800afc 12:03 22 Mar 2008

I am diabetic and use an ACCU-CHEK AVIVA meter to monitor my blood sugar. When ordering a new battery I was asked if I would like the complimentary software and hardware to download my readings to my computer. The bits and bobs duly arrived. I installed the software, "ACCU-CHEK COMPASS", and began to hook up the IR receiver. This has a serial connection, my computer has no serial socket. I had been thoughtfully provided with a serial>USB adaptor. I plugged in and tried to set up my new gizmo, but the setup wanted to know which COM port the device was plugged into, 1,2,3 or 4. I am stuck. The software does not seem to have a setting for USB. How do I let the software know where my IR Receiver is?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:45 22 Mar 2008

Have you run the driver for the USB serial adapter?

This will create a virtual comm port, you should be able to see the comm port in device manager (usually 3 or 4).

m800afc 20:30 22 Mar 2008

The serial>USB adapter shows up as being on COM5. The software only has options for COM1-4. Device manager reports that the device is working properly, and the "Add new hardware" wizard also reports all is well. I need to move the adaptor from COM5 to one of COM1-4, without upsetting the rest of my system. Any ideas?

jolorna 21:23 22 Mar 2008

click here looks like you cannot use it with usb

MCE2K5 21:51 22 Mar 2008

To change the Com Port Number, Try This,

In device manager, under Ports (COM & LPT), double click the one assigned to COM5. In the property page, click the Port Settings tab. Click Advanced. Change the COM Port Number to the one you want and click OK.

bluto1 22:03 22 Mar 2008

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?