Blocking senders

GeoffR 11:22 04 Jul 2007

My Outlook Express has suddenly refused to block senders. On attempting to do so the message "do you wish to delete messages from this sender ?" comes up but the process then stalls halfway through the "green bars" procedure and the machine is locked. The only acceptable action is to close OE and re-open it. I also have three emails in the Inbox which I can neither remove nor read - on highlighting any of them the machine locks again. I don't know whether ity is significant but all three are on the same date.

OE has been working perfectly well for a long time and I have made no alterations to any settings.

Geoff Richards

birdface 11:58 04 Jul 2007

Have a look at this Microsoft solution.See if you can find anything to help. click here

GeoffR 09:33 09 Jul 2007

Thank you for the response but unfortunately it has not taken me very far. Having deleted the temporqary internet files I do not get the pop-up box to delete offline files.

Proceeding onwards, the compacting process freezes halfway through the Inbox - I suspect on the 3 emails I cannot access.

Trying to re-register OE the machine does not recognise "msimn/reg, and the same applies to the library files.

Any other suggestions ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?