Blocking senders

shellship 20:41 30 Apr 2007

My wife and I both have Tiscali as our email provider though we both use Entanet for BB. I can go onto my email at the Tiscali web site and block senders from there which saves me having to download lots of trash. If my wife tries to block senders in the same way she gets an IE message along the lines of the following "failed to add sender to your list of blocked senders. Please check your primary email account settings". Anyone out there know why, please.

birdface 20:58 30 Apr 2007

May have to be signed in as an administrator.

shellship 22:09 30 Apr 2007

She has been the only user of her computer. Excuse my ignorance but how does she sign in as administrator, please.

birdface 22:20 30 Apr 2007

Just been looking at your problem again,And it says check e-mail account setting,So I may have got it wrong,But here goes just in case,Control Panel,User accounts,Click on your account,Change my account type,And dot the Computer administrator.Long time since I have done it but I think that is just about it.

shellship 22:20 30 Apr 2007

Found another thread on the subject and posted to there by mistake as follows - "I went to Control Panel/User Accounts to check and she is indeed the Administrator. Where do we go from here please.2

birdface 22:24 30 Apr 2007

Sorry but have never used Tiscali,But it must be something to do with her e-mail settings,Maybe someone else will be able to put you on the right track.

shellship 22:27 30 Apr 2007

Thanks for trying. Will just hope that someone else will know. Don't know it is Tiscali though as I, too use them.

birdface 22:58 30 Apr 2007

click here You can try this till you get your e-mail sorted out,This will take up to 8 e-mail accounts,Any e-mails you dont want you can just delete them on this without opening them,I use it any spam or any e-mails I get from someone I dont know,I just delete them.Any you want to keep will get transferred to your own account when you open it.Worth a try.

shellship 17:16 03 May 2007

Thanks. Will try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?