Blocking senders...

nick_j007 13:39 08 Feb 2004

Hello all,
When I download all my messages in OE I have a few spammers there of course. I can add them to my blocked senders list but it would seem only one at time. Is there a way to select the ones I want to block en-mass then select block senders? Frustrating that I have to go one by one.

Cheers,

Nick

AndyJ 15:02 08 Feb 2004

Have you contemplated using Mailwasher click here

Sheila-214876 15:07 08 Feb 2004

Know exactly how you feel. The only way I know of blocking in bulk is to block all senders from the address after the @ bit. For example hotmail allows blocking of all spam from any address after the @ bit. But if I do that any of my friends who have a hotmail account (@hotmail.com) will not be able to send me any emails. I think you may have to live with blocking them separately. Also, of course, if you block one name like me @anyisp.? then they will just change the bit before the @ so it's a no win situation.

nick_j007 16:45 08 Feb 2004

Thanks Andy.
I did sometime ago run Mailwasher. My issue though is that I was spending as much time going to mailwasher first and sorting it out there, then going to OE to read my mail! Was I doing something wrong do you think, or is that the way it goes?
Thanks ennuye. It's not me then, I really can't mark three emails say and block them all at once. Is there a limit to the blocked senders list I wonder?

Ho hum. Problem is too that I have to open some emails to find out who it is from as they are becoming more and more plausible in the subject line. Though having said that I find that if you add to the blocked senders list it will give the true email address then anyway.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone