Blocking a sender in outlook?!?

texasdave 16:26 03 Jun 2003

Hi all,
I am trying to find out how i can block a sender in Microsoft Outlook XP. I found out how to do it on Outlook express, but i dont have that on my PC. The only option that i can find is Junk Mail, but i dont want Junk mail filter, i want a complete block.

I wanted to block a sender because that person keeps sending me a virus.

Thank you.
Dave

Forum Editor 16:34 03 Jun 2003

easily enough using the rules wizard in Outlook XP.

1. Click on tools.

2. Now click on 'Rules & alerts'

3. Click on 'New rule' and then 'custom' and follow the prompts.

Create the rule to permanently delete all messages addressed to you from that sender.

If you know the person concerned, wouldn't it be better to have a word with him/her? Often people have no idea that their computer is sending out viruses, and are only to pleased to have it pointed out to them.

texasdave 17:43 03 Jun 2003

Thank you for responding.
Ok..... I went into tools, and i could only see the Rules Wizard. I went there and i have the option of "start creating rules from a template" or "start from a blank rule". So i choose blank. Then the option of Check messages when they arrive or after sending. So i choose when they arrive.
When i went through all the steps, and choose from a "people or distribution list". Then what it comes out to say is ....

"Apply this rule after the message arrives from big@boss.com, permanently delete it and stop processing more rules."

It sounds like it allows it to come into your inbox and then it permanently deletes it. Is this complete blocking from that sender, right?

and....I dont know the person concerned....
It is a virus- goes by the name of

big@boss.com.

This is the 2nd email i received from the virus in 2 days. Norton luckily removed the attachment but i dont want to even see the email. :)

Cya
Dave

texasdave 18:01 03 Jun 2003

Could you just please make sure that this is correct.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017