Blocking MSN Messenger and IM programs

brundle 00:06 10 Dec 2006

Is there any simple free software to do this? I have looked at NetNanny, downloaded TerminatorX (not free, yet to try out) and Exelock (which is free, but apparently needs knowledge of specific .EXE files to block new products) but I have to install the software on someone elses system (XP Home) and they may not cope well with too many configuration or set up options. The system uses broadband but without a router so port blocking is out of the question and is of limited use anyway from what I have read.
BTW I am not referring to the Windows Messenger service before anyone advises me to download this click here

TIA

birdface 00:28 10 Dec 2006

Dont know if this is any good, 28 day free trialclick here

birdface 00:39 10 Dec 2006

Sorry just noticed that you have already tried that,You could put a password in so that they cannot open it,But Kids being Kids they will find a way round it,

brundle 01:18 10 Dec 2006

Ta for the link, as I say the system in question is not mine and I have to consider that the kids might get round any simple security. I think a paid solution may be the only answer...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?