Blocking ADS and Banners in IE8

hgrock 08:33 29 Jul 2009

hi all, there is an adon in firefox called AD Blocker, is there a similar thing for IE8, i play scrabble on line and there is this annoying smiley banner whit one of the smileys shouting hellooo every few seconds,really annoying, i can get rid of the banner if i use firefox but not IE8 which is my preferred browser

InTheCity 08:39 29 Jul 2009

ie7 pro
click here

hgrock 09:07 29 Jul 2009

tried ie7 pro didn't seem to do anything the setting and preferences were different form the tutorial

hgrock 09:17 29 Jul 2009

from iepro 7 forum
IE7Pro 2.3 works with Internet Explorer 8 beta 2, albeit with some incompatibilities and conflicts. Yes we know that many times the IE7Pro status menu vanishes and only IE7Pro Website and Preferences options are displayed. Also, the IE7Pro's customized menu does not work with the IE8's menu which has the Accelerators. But don't lose hope.

Currently, the Developers are busy on another project related to IE7Pro . As soon as the work is done, you will hear about the next version of IE7Pro and Internet Explorer 8 compatibilities resolutions.

As for the name, yes there will be a name change. As most of you would have guessed it by checking the installation directory of the new builds of IE7Pro, the new name will be IEPro. But the name change will not take place in the next release as of now.

As always, we are all eager to hear from the users, so please feel free to post your opinions

rawprawn 09:18 29 Jul 2009

I eventually gave up trying to block pop ups on this site with IE8, I switched to Firefox 3.5 and used it's Ad Block Plus addin.
No problems at all now anywhere.

InTheCity 09:27 29 Jul 2009

have you got a link to the scrabble site.

birdface 11:25 29 Jul 2009

In IE7 Pro.In modules you need to tick Add blocker.And untick Mini Download manager.I use it with IE8 and it certainly speeds up browsing as well.I would say a must have.It makes a big difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?