blocked from my own PC

Muergo 12:01 20 Aug 2010

I have this peculiar message when I try to access a Daily Telegraph site on car insurance.

Server Error

403 Forbidden :Access is denied

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I did not do anything except click on a site.

My computer is permanently in Administrator mode, nobody else uses it.

VoG II 12:17 20 Aug 2010

That is a message from the website, not your PC.

Can you post the link?

Clapton is God 12:19 20 Aug 2010

The fact that your PC is "permanently in Administrator mode" and that you cannot gain access to a particular website are utterly unrelated.

There's probably a problem with the website or the link you clicked on was corrupt/incorrect.

Supply is with that same link and we'll see what happens.

Muergo 12:32 20 Aug 2010

The link is not a "link" as such, but leads to another section.

Todays Daily Telegraph, I am registered and signed in, then in Motoring section where it is headed Partners, I clicked the Insurance title to enquire about car insurance.

Other topics in that column work OK.

VoG II 12:39 20 Aug 2010

The link is click here and I get the same error. It is a problem with the website.

Sea Urchin 12:45 20 Aug 2010

And here the link to go to the page before you click on the link

click here

Likewise - fault with the website

Sea Urchin 12:46 20 Aug 2010

The link is not a "link" as such, but leads to another section.

That's what a link is

onthelimit2 12:51 20 Aug 2010

so that's where you lot have been hiding your not on the usual forums these days

Muergo 13:17 20 Aug 2010

Will send stiff note to TG, if I wasn't preoccupied with finding affordable car insurance, gone through four now.
National Farmers Union is best so far, but I am ploughing through others, looks like it's gone up this year, nearly costing 20p per mile.

What and to whom is "On the limit", what forum should we all be on, I am on "The Archers" but a different name.

I post my problems on whatever PCA site is appropriate, Mobile, Broadband etc.

I bet my next problems on here will arise after I have put new graphic and sound cards in, due to arrive any day now, they won't work that's for sure with my luck.

Woolwell 13:31 20 Aug 2010

Ignore onthelimit2 (as opposed to onthelimit). Onthelimit2 is a username change from ronalddonald and ridicle and infamous for his comments.

jolorna 13:45 20 Aug 2010

is this the site you want click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?