Block spam mail by country of origin

nwarp 06:01 23 Feb 2007

I use my ISP's free anti-spaming service and find it excellent. I still receive spam mail offering all kinds of goodies which is not addressed to my email addy. They are variations on the theme. [email protected] which is my addy I receive mail addressed to [email protected] even [email protected] as an examples. The originating addies are always different and most forged so hard to create a blacklist as antispaming software does. I found anti-spaming software that not only used blacklists but also country of origin IP's. Useful because most spam mail originates in a handful of countries eg China, Korea and Eastern Europe. This software was for outlook express only which I don't use. Does anyone know of similar anti-spam software which blocks mail by country for email programmes other then outlook express.

Regards from Downunder

p;3 06:19 23 Feb 2007

you could take on board this cute program click here

presumably you have never met it?

checks mails on server and you delete from server what you do not want , before downloading from server

I would not be without it

gel 06:54 23 Feb 2007

Hello p;
Does mailwasher work with googlemail which I use for emails
gel

mike1967 07:19 23 Feb 2007

If you're with BTYahoo, it sorts them at the server so you don't have to download spam, if its in the wrong box you can move it to the right one

p;3 07:59 23 Feb 2007

when you first run mailwasher you need to import from your email client the adresses you wish it to check for you

mailwasher checks the IN box on server and not the bulk box ; but I find it a brilliant tool personally

try it for yourself and see?

p;3 08:00 23 Feb 2007

ps; please do not be tempted to use the bounce facility; that just clogs up an already very busy system for starters

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone