Block Skype

jas7 09:50 06 Dec 2010

Hi,

Would like to schedule to stop Skype accessing the internet during late night early morning. I've tried a firewall rule to block all LAN outbound and inbound on my Netgear DG834 but while it stopped everything else, skype got round it. I've tried parental control software K9 and that couldn't stop it either. I could just block it altogether starting by using my OnLine armour but that would not be timed. It seems it is a difficult programme to stop accessing the internet -either you have to uninstall or unplug your router! Ideally would like to restrict Internet access between certain times. Any ideas would be appreciated

John

ashleycardwell94 13:18 06 Dec 2010

instead of closing off ports, try closing the applicsation. Right click on the icon and exit.

also, it might still be running so open task manager and look for anything with SkypePM.exe oncxe thses are closed, it wont access the internet.

jas7 13:51 06 Dec 2010

Thanks Ashley

Sorry I didn't mention that I'm trying to make sure my kids don't go onto to all hours using Skype without me getting out of bed to tell them to shutdown!

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?