block banners!!

Ned116 08:11 18 May 2003

can anyone help me? I'm a AOL 7 user and am looking for a suitably adblocker there are some good ones out there but the ones I've tried do not work with AOL 7, and just recently the ads are getting more. I.E guard and adgone dont work.

cheers

ned

jaybee67 09:56 18 May 2003

Sorry, but I dont have the answer, just a question:

Why on earth does anyone use AOL? It seems to me it does nothing but restrict a persons enjoyment of the web.

Regards

Jon

Lú-tzé 11:49 18 May 2003

Ned116 - I don't use AOL but would suggest that you try using Mozilla 1.3 as your browser while using AOL as your ISP. That way you can easily block ad banners and all sorts quite easily. I am not sure that it is possible to use AOL and another browser, but if it is, then give Mozilla a go.

Block your ads and get very good firewall protection as well -

Norton Internet Security offers AV, Firewall and ad / content blocking.

For the price I think it is worth every penny and to be honest it has blocked 100% of popups and adverts with its default settings so I have not had to spend ages deciding whaich sites I want to see and which I dont.

TO me it is simply brilliant and I would strongly reccomend.

Others may point you to the free products out there but this offeres everything under one roof so to speak....

graham√ 13:32 18 May 2003

Upgrade to AOL 8 (keyword 'upgrade'), and enable 'block pop-ups'. It's a large download, so if you're on 56k wait for the CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?