Blank/black screen after shutdown (Laptop)

FatDevil 18:36 18 May 2017

I had just installed garry's mod, and started it (While downloading (Counter strike: Source). My computer just froze, while I could hear my buddies talk on teamspeak. But i couldn't do anything, not even use "ctrl + alt + delete". So i thought the only option after about 5 min. was to force close it. Though after i force closed it, it and my laptop turned its lights on. The screen wouldn't show any picture, even though the monitor is turned on (The screen became lighter). I tried closing my computer 2 times more (Force closing, since i couldn't see anything on the screen). I let it dry out of power, and turn it on again, which didn't help. I tried taking out the battery, power-cable, and all USB connected devices. And insert the battery and power-cable again, and turn on the laptop, but it didn't help. Though i can use an external monitor, and when i turn my laptop monitor off, i can see the screen stop being blank, and instead be turned off. I have also tried checking if the backlight is dead with a flashlight, but I havn't been avaiable to see anything. Meaning that it isn't the backlight that is dead. Anyone having an idea how to fix this? Sry for my bad english

-FatDevil

Peter Ashley 19:32 18 May 2017

If it works with a monitor plugged in, could you try pressing the 'Windows Key' + P keys. Could you just try duplicate option and see if it displays on the monitor as well?

FatDevil 19:39 18 May 2017

Sry, it is already on duplicate, and have already tried switching around with all of the options

Peter Ashley 19:48 18 May 2017

Hmm... that's strange, could you get to the screen resolution settings and see if you can do extended mode or display on the laptop screen only!?

FatDevil 06:49 19 May 2017

Sry for the long answer time, i feel asleep :/. Well as said i have tried the other options, which include trying to display on only the laptop screen, which didn't help. - FatDevil

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?